Question
Posted by: elmien | 2010/01/28

Spur meals

I have cut on my daily kj intake over the past week, mostly by making my portions much smaller, and has lost 1.8 kg in the process, feeling really good about it. However, we have promised the children dinner at the Spur tomorrow night. Could you please give me an idea of which meals/starters I can have at Spur that would not exceed 2,000 kilojoules? (I will have Tab as a drink).

Dear Elmien
As I have not eaten a Spur meal in about 20 years, I am not acquainted with their current menu, but the following tips should help you: Eat grilled fish without batter or sauces, with salads and a plain baked potato (no sour cream, no chips)and don't add dressings. Skip the starters and the desserts, or rather eat more salad. Tab is a good selection.
Well done for already losing nearly 2 kg.

2
Posted by: Spur eater | 2010/01/29

Hi There

I am on a healthy eating plan and once a month i tend to go to spur ( a famiy dinner thing) What you can get is two grilled chiken breasts with a salad valley or a baked potatoe with side veg ( obviously give the butter sour cream etc a miss). Some spurs if you look at there salad valley sometimes there is nothing that is not covered in mayo and the side veg is normally swimming a sauce , when i have had this porblem i have asked them if they can steam some of there mixed veg ( the veg used in the side veg) but not add the sauce and on both occasions that i have asked ( two different spurs) they have accomdated me.

Anyway hope that helps

Reply to Spur eater

Dear Elmien