Question
Posted by: Kobus Venter | 2010/09/14

Spreading rash

Hi Doc. I use to work in the mining area about 3years ago, when I started getting a rash between my thighs. This was really painfull at first and then it eventually permanently discoloured my skin. Since then, the rash regularly spreads. Itching bumps form on the outline of the rash whichafter it then spreads again. This is becoming embarassing since it has now spread to my bum and also lower abdomen. Please advice me as to what steps to take because all that the doctors do, is prescribe to me something that stops the pain. My front area and my bum is now a more brownish colour and it doesn''t look good. Please help.

Hallo Kobus
Have you seen a dermatologist as this sounds very much like a fungal infection (ringworm) to me and you may need a course of antifungal medication for a few weeks? See if it looks like this?
http://www.allhealthsite.com/jock-itch-pictures-causes-symptoms-and-treatment.html

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/09/14

Hallo Kobus