Question

sprainted ankle

I sprainted my ankle 2 weeks ago in an rugby game. I wasn' t able to jog for about a weeks time but this past week i was able to jog distences of 20m. I have an rugby game in two weeks. What can i do that' ll help recover faster till then and what must i do the day of the game? how can I tape up my ankle?
thanx

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Anonymous

I suggest that you don't play until the ankle has healed properly. Rugby is very different than jogging, involving quick changes in direction and pace on an unstable surface and the risk is that you could damage it again. It is far better to wait until you have a full recovery.

Chris