Question
Posted by: heidie | 2009/01/27

sprained toe

I have sprained the toe next to the big toe. It is a week later and the pain, swelling and bruising have gone down. I' ve used arnica ointment and strapped it to its buddy next to it. The toe is still very stiff. Do I leave it a bit longer before I try to " exercise"  it - or should I try and manipulate it? I' m not sure how much rest it needs - thought a week would be enough. I haven' t been to the dr.

Hi Heidie
If it is still very painful you can keep it strapped for another few days - it will move with the "buddy" anyway. It can take up to 2-3 weeks to heal properly