Question
Posted by: Lienks | 2008/06/23

sprained finger not better

Morning Dr

About 12 days back I hurted my left ringfinger. I do contact sport, and this guy kicked my hand during training. It swole up immediately and I couldn't bend it. Two days later I went for x-rays and it showed that nothing was broken. The dr buddy taped my finger and told me I must take it off in 5 days and start moving my finger. I did that, but couldn't move my finger. And still can't. It is still swollen and blue. If I try to bend it, the skin pulls very tight and the pain is terrible. I sit a lot and try to bend it, but later my whole hand is sore. I keep rubbing anti-inflamatory gel on my finger. Sometimes it burns up. I've taken a lot of Brufen, but my stomach doesn't like that.

Please, I'll try anything!! Thank you for your time!!!

Expert ImageArchive

Hello Lienks,
Please consult your nearest osteopath.
In the meantime try contrast bathing: 1 minute cold, 1 minute heat, 1 minute cold, 1 minute heat, 1 minute cold to reduce inflammation and promote healing.

Dr Guy Ashburner Osteopath