Question
Posted by: Katelyn | 2012-08-13

Sprained Ankle

I have always been one to sprain my ankles because I am tall and clumsy. :)
However a month ago sprained one of my ankles quite badly. It happened when I was just standing, I didn''t even move and the next thing I knew I was on the ground because it was almost as though my ankle " gave way" .
Since then I have been very careful on it but it keeps doing the same thing of " collapsing"  under me, whether I have walked, run, jogged or just standing there.
What can I do to prevent all of these twists from happening?
I do do regular excercise that does include jogging but I ensure that I warm up before hand and do all the stretching required. I also have stopped wearing high heels because of this.

Katelyn

I suggest that you consult a physiotherapist for exercises to improve the muscle strength of your ankle stabilisers.

1
Posted by: Maria | 2012-08-13

See a physio who specialises in sports injuries

Reply to Maria