Question
Posted by: Sue | 2008/05/27

Sprained ankle

I fell 6 weeks ago and sprained my ankle. I was told by the Dr that I tore ligaments. I have been wearing a "moon boot". My ankle still pains a lot and is still swollen. I feel "pins and needles" when my foot is not in the boot.

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

Torn tendons can take up to six to ten weeks to heal completely. I suggest that your ankle is put in a cast for at least another four weeks. Hopefully this will be long enough for your ankle to heal.

Kind regards

3
Posted by: maryke | 2015/06/10

hi a was dancing 4 days ago and i slipped. i landed on my ankle that twisted outwards. there were 2 popping sounds and then i were in agonizing pain!!! i couldn't get up or stand on my foot. the next day it was so painfull that I couldn't walk. today is now 4days after my accident and it is paining a lot! yesterday my ankle joint popped out when i was trying to fit my shoe. luckily it immediately jumped back into place. i want to know if my ligaments are torn or just fractured?? please help!!!!!

Reply to maryke
Posted by: Cecelia | 2008/09/14

I am 50 years old, slipped and fell 2 weeks ago, the maleolus (thin bone) broke in 2 place, the ankle is in tack. The first doctor just put a bandage on and prescribed Doxyfene and said I need to go for an operation to have plates put in. I saw an aurtopeadic surgeon a week later who prescribed a moon boot pain killers and some anti inflammitory pill.

I am allergic to voltaren brufen, asprin NSAIDS penisillen, most anti biotics

What can I take. Do I have to sleep with the moon boot, What should and should' nt I do with my ankle.

PLEASE HELP

Reply to Cecelia
Posted by: Susie | 2008/05/27

My daughter had the same problem as you. She was in a lot of pain and the swelling did not go down. She went for a second opinion and that same day her ankel was operated on. Now 3 weeks after the op her ankel is very much better and she is allowed to walk with the moon boat on. You may need an operation too. (She had two torn ligaments and a small fracture).

Reply to Susie