Posted by: Anne | 2010-08-28

spotting while pregnant

I am 6 and a half weeks pregnant. On tuesday morning I had a light -very light- brownish discharge. I went to the gynae and she did a sonar that showed I have a bleed on the opposite side to what the placenta is.

She told me to not worry about it, as it should clear up. She booked me off work for the week, and said no gym or sex for 2 weeks. She gave me progesterone tabs twice per day, and said I must come for a sonar in 2 weeks time.

I''ve done all she advised, but am at times still getting the coloured discharge - which is then spotting.

1. What causes this kind of bleed.
2. How will it clear up? What will make it stop?
3. Does this bode badly for my ability to maintain this pregnancy? Or does it not necessarily mean I will miscarry?
4. Will the prgesterone help?
5. What can I do to make this better?
And why wait 2 weeks before going back for a sonar?

Please give me some advice. I''m desperately worried.

See above.

Posted by: gynaedoc | 2010-08-31

See above.

Posted by: just me | 2010-08-30

been there around exactly the same time. was put on utrostegan (progestrone) and booked off for two weeks. this could be caused by a number of things and happens to a lot of woman, what worked for me was to stay away from straneos activities including sex until the first tri is finished, i.e. rest!! mine disappeared after 10 weeks, and im 13 weeks now, everything is ok so far. just keep the faith, there is nothing much the dr can do but i believe she/he has done whats currently possible. i believe you will be ok, since i went through a similar experience. goodluck :-)

Reply to just me