Question
Posted by: chixy | 2009/07/29

spotting? or what?

I have been experiencing this very slight brown discharge for 4 days now. I thought it was my period.
I have been trying to fall pregnant for 3 yrs. I have been told this is only possible via IVF.
Dont want to get my hopes up that this might be spotting? but what else could it be?
any ideas?

Dear Chixy

There are numerous reasons for spotting or brown discharge including conditions such as adenomyosis and endometriosis amongst others. However should you be advised to do IVF then clearly there is a significant reason mitigating against natural conception and therefore I would not be overly optimistic at this stage.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim