Question

Spotting on Evra

Hi doc

I have been using evra patch for the last 1.5years - at first everything was ok, there wasnt any difference in moods, periods etc but lately I spot daily, you can never see anything on my underwear but everytime I wipe there is blood on the paper and I get terrible headaches (which I also believe are related to the patch), Could this be dangerous or is it normal side effect on evra patch?

Dear Anonymous
If you are spotting the patch is not working as it should, you may be needing slightly higher doses of hormones, and you may need to switch to another kind of contraceptive - please discuss with your doctor as these symptoms are not normal.