Question
Posted by: Charlie | 2010/07/06

Spotting on Depo?

Hi doctor, I have endomtriosis and a fibroid as well. Currently I am on Depo and have been for about 3 years now. The problem I have is what doctors have called spoting. At any stage during the 3 months i will start bleeding. This ranges from a dark brown discharge like wetness to a sudden burst of fresh red blood and then a day later some of the brown blood and then perhaps nothing again. Can you please advise what you think this might be and what I can do about it?

This is a common side effect of Depo. It could also be that the fibroid is causing the spotting. If your family is complete and the fibroid is large, hysterectomy is an option.

1