Question
Posted by: MRS L. M. | 2008/09/26

Spotting on &  off, sensitife breasts

Hi, I am 30 &  stopped using the pill in Oct last year. My periods have been late by a couple of days sometimes a week.
I normaly have my periods in the beginning of every month. Nothing happened in august &  i did numorous home preg test and they were all negative. In the beginning of sept when i was surpose to have my periods I only spotted very lightly - early in the mornings then nothing for the rest of the day - for about 5 days. About 4 days later I started spotting again - once again lightly in the mornings. I did a home pregnancy test before the second set of spotting but it came out negative. My breast are also extremly sensitive. I have not done another test as I want to avoid the disapointment of it being negative again. Is it posible that I might have another problem or have I done the tests to soon and should I try again and if I do another test and it is negative what do you suggest is my next step?

I would realy appreciate your assistance. Hope to year from you soon.

It sounds very much like you are not ovulating regularly. This can be checked with a blood test. I would suggest that you consult your gynaecologist about this.