Question
Posted by: bp | 2011/07/23

Spotting few days before period

Hi Doc,

My wife is due to have her period on Tuesday (26 July 2011), but she noticed some brown spotting for the past two days. Could she be pregnant? She is on Femodene as a contraceptive. We have had unprotected sex a few times this month and I did cum in her 2 days before her last cycle.

Please help/advise

If her period does not start at the expected time, then pregnancy is a possibility.

2

Posted by: Lindie (Midwife) | 2011/07/25

Hi bp

Although spotting is not uncommon in early pregnancy around the time of a woman''s expected period, numerous women also experience spotting a few days prior to periods.

This is by no means an indication that your wife is pregnant. Rather wait until her expected day of period, and then do a test if she is late.

Reply to Lindie (Midwife)