Question
Posted by: Lee | 2012/05/04

Spotting blood and clots - 7 1/2 weeks prego

I am 7 weeks and 4 days today. I have been spotting for over 2 weeks now, it started out as light pink discharge and went a bit darker and now for the past 10 days it is blood red and small clots. Went to gynae last week Tuesday (24th April 2012) and heard the heartbeat, it was strong and all was fine.
The clots started coming out 2 days after that (Thursday 26th) and I went back to the gynae and heartbeat was still very strong, he said it seems I have a clot on my endometrium?, could this be from implantation? I also have a 3cm cyst which he said could also cause the bleeding. The past 2 days the bleeding seems much less, but now I am having very feint and quick cramps in the same place as period pain. Could this be the ligaments stretching? I am staying positive that all is going to be ok, cant afford to go to the gynae every week to make sure, but I am taking things easy, no lifting heavy things, no exercise, no intercourse, no housework etc... doc''s orders. any advice? Doc never gave me anything to take, a friend of mine said she had similar and the doc gave her progestregen, so I called my gynae and he said it wont make a difference?!?!?!?!?!?! so now I am confused, it that because the bleeding in not inside where the baby is or what? I just cant afford to go to the doc again, but want to do whatever I can to not loose my baby.

You are having a threatened miscarriage and unfortunately the only thing in the end is to wait and see what happens. 85% of these settle down and continue normally.
Progesterone treatment is controversial and has only really been shown to be of benefit if you have progesterone deficiency which is a relatively rare cause of miscarriages.

1