Question
Posted by: Nelly | 2009/09/15

spotting / bleeding

I went to see my gynae yesterday(monday) and a few hours after she examined me and did a pap smear I started " bleeding" , i last menstruated on the 28 August, what could have possibly triggered this? the bleeding was light and not like blood but today I can actually feel like I am about to start menstruating.Could this be related to the pap smear? It was not painful or anything when she did it. I am worried about this. Im still waiting for my pap smear results obviously but should I be concern?

The bleeding is probably from the pap smear. Scraping of the cervix can cause this and it is quite common.