Posted by: worried mom | 2009-09-14

spotting and desperate to be pregnant

Dear Doctor, PLEASE can you assist. My daughter age 25 has ben deperate to fall preganant. Finally we received a call last Monday, has done a home pregnancy test and it was positive. Now a week later she mailed me to say that there is a brown discharge and later in the day the brown had turned to red, but only after she has used the toilet and she wipes. she is beside herself and can only get to the Dr tomorrow. Her period should have started on 01.09.09 so in essence she is now 13 days overdue. Could she really be pregnant? She lives in England and I feel so utterly helpless.

If the pregnancy was positive she is likely to be pregnant. This spotting could be a threatened miscarriage. The majority of these will settle and carry on normally.

Female, the first thing to do would be to consult a gynaecologist.

Posted by: FEMALE | 2009-09-15

I went throught that myself only to find that i wasn' t pregnant.
the sad part is that i desperately want to fall pregnant. I don' t know where to start seeking help, I haven' t been to a gynae.
PLEASE ADVICE, what should i do??

Reply to FEMALE