Question
Posted by: Tee | 2010/06/17

Spotting &  Bleeding during Pregnancy

Iam 8 weeks pregnant and for the past week i have been alternating between bleeding and spotting. It first started when my husband and I had sex (last Friday morning) and afterwards I noticed there was blood. Immediately went to the dr who after examining me told me the baby is fine, i probably have an infection - i was given 5 days antibiotics to take and i finished them on Tuesday. The bleeding and spotting alternates and I am not sure anymore if iam going to lose the baby or not. I have tried to take things easy and am getting lots of rest but this still happens. I am taking lots of water as told but still the spotting and bleeding persists. Has anyone ever experienced this? if so, were they able to carry their babies to full term and did they give birth to healthy babies. I am just woried sick as this is my first pregnancy. Pls advise

Unfortunately this is a wait and see situation. ABout 80% of cases settle down and continue with normal pregnancies.

1