Question
Posted by: lizzy | 2009/12/02

Spotting after Ovulation

I have spotted a week after ovulation, my period is due in week time.what really happaned, could this be implantation?had sex on my fertile and wet days.

Dear Lizzy

The most likely cause would be implantation bleeding. However occasionally a surge in hormone levels due to other causes such as ovarian cyst formation may also cause spotting at this stage. I suggest that you wait for your period to occur and should this be delayed a pregnancy test would be valuable. However if the pregnancy test is negative you should consult your gynaecologist to exclude the possibility of an ovarian cyst.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2009/12/09

Dear Lizzy

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert