Question
Posted by: Kirsty | 2008/09/29

Spotting after going off the pill

I stopped the pill in July and we are trying to concieve. My period has been regular since then but very short eg: 1-1.5 days as opposed to 5/6 days. I got my period on 16 September as expected but I started spotting on 26 Sep and am still spotting heavily today (29 Sep).
Is this my body correcting itself for my shortened period ie: getting rid of the residue? Could it be implantation bleeding even though it' s lasted for so long? What else could it be?

Most likely your body adapting to being off the Pill. It is too early for an implantation bleed.