Question
Posted by: Patricia | 2010/05/25

Spotting after bike ride

I just bought a bike and started riding it 3 days ago. The seat is uncomfortable and I got a sore bottom, which I''ve experienced before with other far more comfortable bikes, but these days bikes are boy-friendly and I had a lot of trouble managing the pain. Well, but the problem is that I noticed spotting after each time I rode my bike this past weekend. I''ve found webpages that refer to this and other women think it''s because they are on the pill. I am on the pill too, and I know I didn''t have spottings in the past when I was a virgin and even when I first went on the pill. But at that time I wasn''t having sex often (6 times in 7 months - that were so painful they felt like raping).

Now I''m 25, sexually active (sex is not painful and causes no bleeding) and on the pill. I had a PAP test a few weeks ago (before starting bike riding) and I started to bleed, to which the nurse reacted like " Oh my god, this is weird, you''re bleeding" . I got worried and she tried to calm me down by saying that " can happen" . And she never called me back, so I take it the results were normal.

Do you think I''m just sensitive or do I run the risk of becoming sterile? I am so scared. I really hope to become a mother one day. Should I stop cycling?

Hallo Patricia
If your cervix bleeds from a papsmear, you may have an infection there, and the nurse should have referred you to a doctor or gynecologist. I doubt if it is the cycling causing this. Please make an appointment with your doctor and try to get hold of the results of you papsmear from the clinic.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/05/25

Hallo Patricia