Question
Posted by: annie | 2008/06/12

spotting after 5 years on pill

I am very worried, i have been on Femodene for almost 5 years and for the first time i am experiencing spotting. I had my actual period 2 weeks ago and have been spotting since the day before yesterday. After my period and before the spotting i had unprotected sex. Could the spotting be an early sign of pregnancy (contraception failure) or is it probably something else? the spotting blood is not a lot and is a very dark brown. I also heard a rumour that herbs can make the pill less effective and can lead to spotting? is this true? I drink a lot of greentea everyday. Please tell me your opinion on if you think there is a chance i could be pregnant, Is spotting normal amongs woman who have been taking birth control for a long period of time?

Thanks in advance

Spotting usually mean breakthrough bleeding and does not mean you are pregnant. I suggest continue with the pill as you have been and if the spotting continues, see your gynae