Posted by: anon | 2012-03-15

Hello Doctor
I''''m 30 years old and over the last few days I''''ve noticed that my discharge is a strange colour, it looks almost like spotting i.e a duller brown colour. It''''s not anywhere near the time of my period. My doctor switched me from Ginette to Yas quite a few months ago but this is the 1st time Im getting this. Could they be related if not do you know what it could be? My diet hasnt changed, I have been quite a bit more active in terms of dance rehearsals (I''''m a dancer and dance teacher). I havent been sexually active for a bit over a month

It is possible that you have bacterial vaginosis. It is a common infection and can be due to hormonal changes. You will have to consult your doctor for an examination and a short course of oral antibiotics.