Question
Posted by: Debbie | 2010/03/12

spotting

Hi doc

i had a D &  C on the 18th of January. my baby''s heart stopped at 11 weeks. According to a home pregnancy test i''m pregnant again.i could be about 3 / 4 weeks pregnant. i experienced some spotting on wednesday &  thursday last week and again on Sunday and today as well.
is this normal?

also is it safe to fly to durban?

i only have an appointment with my doc next week, i''m currently taking prgna vit and an Omega 3 supplement. i am vegetarian and anemic. should i be taking anything else?

Dear Debbie

I would suggest that you have a scan done as a matter of urgency as there are certain conditions, which follow a previous pregnancy that could be potentially harmful and will give a false positive test result. These conditions are labelled gestational trophoblastic disease and should be ruled out as a matter of urgency. Also there may be some residual products of the conception from the previous pregnancy, which may still be active and may result in a positive pregnancy test despite the fact that you may not have a new pregnancy starting. It is extremely important that you have a scan done immediately.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

2
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2010/03/19

Dear Debbie

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert
Posted by: A | 2010/03/13

Hi. Could be implantation bleeding. The health24 fertility specialist told me no flying during early pregnancy.

Reply to A