Posted by: Anon | 2009-08-20

Hi, I stopped taking my pill at the end of April so I could try and get pregnant (I had been on Triodene for 5 years). Since then I have had 3 periods. With the first two I had some spotting mid cycle (31 day cycles). With the 3rd I had spotting from day 11 to 41 (41 day cycle). It was more like a light period rather than spotting. I am now on day 10 of my next cycle and the spotting seems to have started again. I have been to the doc (in cycle two and he could not see anything wrong). I am really getting down over all the spotting and am not sure what to do. Will it affect my chances of getting pregnant? Any advise would be great! Thanks.

It sounds like yoor cycles are not regular if you had a 41 day cycle. You could give it a bit longer to see whether it settles down. Spotting at midcycle is normal and usually due to ovulation.