Posted by: Dee | 2009-08-03

I have been on the 3 month injection for aprox 6 years now and 3 months ago I was 2 weeks late, my husband and I had sex before the two weeks and after.
We have been having rough sex every night and morning for the past 3 months and I just had a show of my period when I wiped myself 2 nights ago..I am seriously concerned about this as I feel as if I am getting my periods again with the pain in my lower uterus..
I have never had a bleed or a show of light pinkish red blood in the 6 years that I am on the injection..
I am due on the 18th August for my next injection and was wondering if I should have a pregnancy test done..
I am of 41 years of age.
Please advise me as I am very concerned

If there was a time when you were late for your injection, this may have caused the bleeding. Do a pregnancy test to be sure, though it is unlikely.