Question
Posted by: frustrated | 2008-11-05

spotting

Last month I came off the pill (melodene) after 10yrs of use and am very aware that I may not have a regular cycle for up to a 3 months due to my body adjusting itslef. However, I' m getting really frustrated as I have been spotting on and off for 3 weeks- (this varies from dark to bright red in colour. I have also been having pains (as with ovulation) and some time discharge is like raw egg/clear but a few bright bloody streaks in it. Is this normal?
I did visit the gynae 3 months ago and pap was all fine.
My husband and I are wanting to have a baby, would it be possible to fall pregnant during this time if we are having unprotected sex? I cant work out when i' m ovulating or if I am even ovulating due to missing period and spotting.

Thanks!

This is normal. You are probably not ovulating yet. Give it a bit of time for your cycle to settle down and then work out your ovulation period.

2
Posted by: frustrated | 2008-11-06

Hi Miss K

Thanks for the info, makes me feel alot better :)

Reply to frustrated
Posted by: miss k | 2008-11-05

hi bcos u r spotting you may not b ovulating at all, well thats what my doctor told me. and she said that bcos i have been on the pill 4 a while there is no need to rush pregnany and if nothing happens in 18mnths then there is a call for an arlam..
and it took me 4mnths to stop spotting, its irritating i know but bear with it for now..

Reply to miss k