Posted by: psg | 2009-02-17

Spots Problem

I am an african lady very light in color. i have this brown spots on my face and body, i was not born with them they started to develop when i was 8/9 years and now i am 23 years. now they are many on my face mostly on my nose and chick.can you please tell me what to use to get rid of them on my face or where must i go too when im in Pretoria for help. are these brown spots the same as acne and pigmantation marks?Because someone told me to use Neostrata' s pigmentation/acne treatment it going to help on my face. these are just many little brown spots.plz help me.

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hello PSG, thank you for the question.

This is a difficult question to answer over the net, as there are a number of causes for these pigment like lesions that can occur on any part of our bodies.

Your best option would be to consult a dermatologist who can examine the marks and give you an accurate diagnosis and suggest the appropriate treatment. Furthermore, the darker the skin tone the more careful we have to be when treating pigmentation (my suggestion is to see Dr Pieter Du Plessis in Pretoria).

Typically if the brown marks are due to pigmentation the treatment regime would not include any acne treatments unless you have active acne.