Posted by: Anon | 2009-06-24

Spots on lips

Morning Doc,

I have noticed very small white spots in the corners of my mouth and a few on the inside of my lips. They seem to be in the areas which stay moist throughtout the day (like the corners)

Im not sure if this is a fungul infection, one would assume it would spread to the rest of my mouth if it were?

Thanks Doc, and also thanks for helping in this forum.

Dear Anon
It could be candida infection - especially if you can't wipe it off - you can try Mycostatin on it ( ask you pharmacist or clinic sister to have a look)
dr Bets

Posted by: Anon | 2009-06-24

My apologies, for your information, I wanted to add that I have quit smoking 2.5 yrs ago already, I do drink red wine regularly and also drink a lot of tea during the day, not sure if that could be the problem.