Question
Posted by: CAROL | 2008/08/27

SPOTS!!

i' m an African girl 28 and i have problem with facial skin i have spots/pimples and my skin its getting darker by the day.I have used Neutrogena for my complexion but my spots still there,then swicthed to Roc my pimples got bigger.Now im using Clearasil 3 in but my coplexion its getting darker.I need one thing that can help to solve both my complexion and spots/pimples.I need help as im getting depressed with my facial look hence im losing my confidence.

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hello Carol, thank you for the question.

Your best option is to consult a dermatologist who can examine the acne outbreaks and advise you on the best treatment options. Adult acne can be difficult to treat but with the number of options that are available today it is very rare not to resolve the problem.

You have a number of options to treat the skin but as a starting point your topical skin care regime is of vital importance:
Use an oil free SPF such as Heliocare.
All topical products including cosmetics should be oil free.
Never pick or squeeze the pimples or spots as this will increase the pigmentation you have noticed.
Look at a range such as NeoStrata NeuCeuticals that caters specifically for oil prone and acne skin.

Please visit my web page at: www.aestheticfacialenhancement.co.za and click on the Skin & Acne Classification button (left hand menu under Resources) as this will give you a photographic grading system for your acne and advise you on the appropriate treatment options.