Question
Posted by: WILLIAM | 2010/03/02

Sporadic to regular sleeplessness

I used to have no problem sleeping, though it always took about 30min to an hour to fall asleep. For just over a year now I have problem sleeping for some nights, like every other night. I was provided prescribed sleeping pills but never used them for two consecutive nights, and I will go weeks without using them. I have changed my diets to include honey, whole-wheat bread, flaxi seeds, almonds nuts, banana etc. For the past 30 days I have taken Trepiline 10mg pills and the last two week never had problem sleeping. At the end of Trepiline medication, I am now back to not sleeping - started sleeping less hours and now worsening to not sleeping for two nights in a row. I consider myself not depressed or in no way under huge stress. What is the problem?

Expert ImageSleep Expert

Make sure your sleep routine is regular, ie the same time to bed and the same time up. Also, do not stay in bed longer than your usual hours of sleep. Dont go to bed earlier because you think you need more sleep. If this doesnt help, you may need to see a sleep doctor.

1
Posted by: Sleep expert | 2010/03/02

Reply to Sleep expert