Question
Posted by: Pippa | 2010/04/03

Sporadic pain in leg

Hi Doc! I had a laminectomy 7 years ago, which Im blessed was a fantastic success. But now I get sporadic pains in my left leg, its not alwys in the same place. Also I cant sleep on my left side/hip, it actually wakes me up at night. Also when I get up in the mornings the leg is stiff and its as if I need to " start" it! to get up and go. Sometimes it also affects my big toe. Please advise. Thanks a million and take care. But the pain jumps around from hip to foot, toe, calves etc.

Expert ImageOrthopaedic Specialist Forum

Dear Pippa,

although your laminectomy was a success the first thing to think about when you describe your symptoms is that a nerve is again compressed in your spine. You should see your surgeon first to let him exclude a recurrence of the nerve compression in your lower spine

Dr de Beer

1
Posted by: Orthopaedic Specialist Forum | 2010/04/04

Dear Pippa,

Dr de Beer

Reply to Orthopaedic Specialist Forum