Question
Posted by: Pixi7 | 2012/04/05

Spontaneous bruising on legs

Hi, I have had a problem now for a while. I wake up with a series of small (never bigger than 0.5cm) bruises on my legs (it''s always on my legs), about 5 or 6 in a cluster. I don''t have dogs who can jump on me, just a cat that sleeps by my sometimes and I sleep alone so nobody can kick me. I have been getting cramps when I stretch at night if that could also give an indication. What could this be and should I be worried.

Pixi

You will have to consult your doctor for an examination to rule vasculitis out. This is an inflammatory condition of the small vessels that causes bleeding under the skin. There are many causes for vasculitis but you will have to consult your doctor for a proper diagnosis. Please do not be too concerned.

Feedback will be appreciated.