Question
Posted by: Ayesha | 2009/09/01

Spondylosis

Good day doc. My dad (54 years of age) has just been diagnosed with Spondylosis by our GP after an xray was done. I would like to know which type of doctor should I take him to for treatment, a chiropractor, or a physiotherapist or other. He gets severe pain from time to time, on his neck. Any advice on this would be much appreciated, thanks.

Expert ImageChiroDoc

I presume your father has a spondylosis of the neck (cervical spine). There are different causes - but invariably the result is a dysfunction of the area involved. I would definitely recommend chiropractic care - chiropractors are expert in this field.