Question

Spoilt daughters

I have a problem with my husband to be and stepdaughters, the 2 daughters are 13 &  14 but they break everything in the house and I have to keep quiet because I did not buy anything.
Last week they breaked a DVD and yesterday they broke a TV cups and a sofa, and when I ask why they do like this the father becames furious and say I have issues with his daughters, we earn on the 15th and they eat everything we dont have budget anymore in the house because we have to buy and buy and buy, the previous day round about 6:30 their friend from next do came and brought milk saying its from the mother she said they should drink it with keloggs, when I asked why they laughed and the father said this is nothing, is this life.

What I have decided is I want to buy my own house and live him with his spoilt breats but will report this to the family first.

Please advise!!!

Your bf is an idiot is he ignores the fact that these two little spoilt brats keep breaking things. Too often, after a divorce, one or both parents feel guilty towards the kids, and some kids especally learn how to use this to get away with outrageous behaciour. But spoiling and over-indulging kids should be recognized as a form of child abuse. Your responses are normal and reasonable --- it is HIM who has "issues with his daughters" to insist that nobody must even comment when they smash things selfishly.
By all means disuss this with your family, and his, but think VERY carefull about marrying a man who is, effectively, married already, to his daughters, and who will insist that they have the right to smash your home and furniture, too. Misery is guaranteed.

1
Posted by: Gracie | 2009-08-03

Why on earth would you want to marry a man who allows his children to misbehave and then not punish them accordingly? Your life is going to be very miserable with this man and his children! It sounds as though they have no respect for anyone or anything! Good luck - you are going to need it!

Reply to Gracie