Question
Posted by: SPLITTING THE KIDS AFTER DIVORCE | 2011/03/07

SPLITTING THE KIDS AFTER DIVORCE

Hi, I got divorced 4 years ago. My sons was staying at first with me. But they moved back with my ex, for reasons, its closer to their school and he is staying on in our house. Now he is struggling to cope. He wants to split the kids. The little one is to much for him as he is only 5 and a handfull. The older 9 years.
I dont believe in splitting the kids. although the oldest does not want to come and stay with me. He says he will give the kids back to me if i move back into the house. Which i dont. to much sad memories and far from my work. i suggested that the kids change schools. he does not want that. What do you suggest i do?

One aspect, often overlooked, of decisions about child custody after a divorce, is that some parents, often fathers, really don't realize what a major and hard-work task it is to work with kids of various ages. Sounds like the help of a counsellor, to help you both asess the pro's and con's of the various alternatives, would be a wise way to choose the alnernative that is best for the most of you, or the least worst.

1