Question
Posted by: E.M | 2011/02/15

Splitting rectus abdominus in in between ribcage

My rectus abdominus is starting to split in between my ribcage. I am 24 weeks pregnant. I have a aching lower back, and very sore round ligament pain. Is rest important to prevent further splitting of the abdominal muscles?

Rest would be a good idea to prevent pain, but won't really prevent what is going to happen. This is due to the stretching of the uterus.

3
Posted by: E.M | 2011/02/18

Thank you for your answer. Please advise with what you mean by rest. I am working and a rep. There is little rest in my day. I am concerned about this and don''t want to make it worst. I have been to a physio and she has given me exercises to strengthen my lower abdomen muscles. Will this be suffiecient in your opinion? Thank you.

Reply to E.M