Posted by: khaya | 2010-02-14

Splitting nails

My nails split each time they grow. this happens continuously. I try to eat a balanced diet and take b vitamins. this does not seem to help. do you know how to treat this? could it be a sign for health problem.

Splitting nails is a common condition in women due to the poor adhesion of keratin when the nail is formed. This can be a result of infection of the nail bed to certain systemic conditions (for instance psoriasis) or something as innocent as poor hydration. It is therefore, important to consult your doctor for a consultation to exclude any underlying pathology that might be causing your splitting nails.

Posted by: ANRE | 2010-02-14

Not sure about the diet question, but there is a product called Lizgy (Or Ligzy, not sure) it is a clear nail polish that helps all sorts of nail conditions. You get it from big pharmacies. Google it and have a look.

Reply to ANRE