Posted by: CP MOM | 2009-06-05

Split personality?

Thanks for that site - how cute! And it did bring not just one smile but many :-))

I' m so glad you are happy with this kitty cat, it seemed that time like you felt no one can make you happy like MM?

CS, is it possible for a CP to have a split personality (if that is the right term?) How can you be the prettiest child the one moment and within seconds become a raging wild child? Sometimes I get home and she refuses to even look at me and she' ll pull herself away if I dare touch or talk to her then just like that in a flash she' ll come to me and love and hugg me ?

Last night was one of the better nights. Tuesday and Wednesday were rillers. Monday she took her food and when the care giver left to go to her room she went with and ate with her - when I saw this after wondering where she is, i told the care giver this is not on. at 6pm when she goes off and takes her food she can' t take Ne with her " but Mum she wants to"  i said i dont care what she wants it' s not right she needs to eat with me and spend the time with me. So tuesday and wednesday madam refused to eat with me just sat there arms folded looking like that chick in the KFC add who say' s " i want another one" .....

Last night she was ok...but she goes from ugly to good to ugly at least 6 times a day!

Thanks dear " old"  cs have a lovely weekend and be good!

Love Mom

I don't know what it is about cats that lends them to such humour. I read that they have some 200 different vocal sounds in their repertoire, while dogs have around 6.
Surprisingly to many people, there is no such thing as a split personality. That term arose from a misunderstanding of Schizophrenia. But of course most of us behave differently, sometimes radically differently, in different circumstances --- you in church are differen from you in a supermarket. And depending on the setting and the people around you, there may be considerable differences i how Ne behaves.
She, like all of us, but probably more mysteriously because she cannot describe her thinking and responses to you, reacts to what she thinks is going on ( not to what is actually going on ) and to whatever seems to her to be rewarding, avoiding whatver seems unrewarding.
What miht be happening when you get home ? DO you accidentally interrupt her when she's doing something she wants to continue ? Is she initially angry with you for having been away all day ? Maybe she's showing attachment to the caegiver because (a) she's a nice woman, and (b) she's around more than you are, these days ?
Pay her more rewarding attention and praise her when she's doing what you want, and ignore her as much a possible when she's doing what you don't want, rather than revealing your distress. Instead of insisting that she come and sit with you, give her the impression that you'll be doing something far more interesting on your own, and just MABE you might let her join you.
Have some business meetings in Durban Sunday through Thursday, so maybe it'll be marginally warmer.