Question
Posted by: anxious | 2010-02-08

SPLINTERS

I was putting the big bottle of water (5l) back in the fridge and dropped it which broke the plastic cover the vegetable tray and (I subsequently discovered) chipped the bottom glass shelf of the fridge. Without thinking (yes, stupidly!) I touched the glass part with my right thumb and have now discovered that I have glass splinters in my thumb. I put a plaster on it straight away but it' s very sore, even with the plaster on. My question is will I need to go to my gp to get it treated?

Thanks.

Hallo Anxious
Did you get the splinters out? If not, you have to go so that they can give you local anaesthetic and remove it at ER. If it is cut and gaping, you need to get stitches, fingers tend to bleed a lot even if you cover with plaster.

2
Posted by: John | 2010-02-10

Splinters out? wash in Dettol water 2 or more times a day and keep it open to dry. I never use plaster!
You can remove splinters with needle.

Reply to John
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010-02-08

Hallo Anxious

Reply to cyberdoc