Posted by: Annie | 2010-08-13

Hi Doctor, I went for a CT scan on my kidney. Dr then found a growth on my spleen. To check out the rest of my system, I also had a colonoscopy and gastroscopy.Those tests were proven fine.The Dr said to do a biopsy on a spleen is dangerous because of bleeding? The Dr doesnt know what it is on my spleen.He said I have 3 options, wait for 3 months and do an scan again (which he is hesitant about), do the biopsy but the risk is very high or remove the spleen... I will be 46 yrs on Monday. I dont know which option to choose. Please give me your opinion....I am extremely worried. Thank you.

An abnormal growth on the spleen has to be diagnosed and if a biopsy is not an option, I suggest that you do a splenectomy (removal of the spleen). You will function 100% normally without your spleen.

Good luck.