Question
Posted by: James | 2011-02-15

Spinning Program for Beginner

Hi. I have bought a gym bike with manual tension control from 1 to 8.
My fitness level is not good, I do smoke and drink about 3 beers a day.
I would like to improve my fitness, please can you suggest a spinning program as well as some warm up exercises to do.
Also tips and exercises to lose the beer belly.

Thanks.

Hi James

I'd suggest that you get a programme off the fitness page of the site and use that as a basis. How you change up the tension is very much up to you - that's what the spinning instructor does and it does take that "mental" pressure off you to do it. So without that, you'd have to create your own programme.

You could do that in a structured manner (for example, go higher tension for 2 minutes, then lower tension for 2 minutes, repeated 10 times), or unstructured, if you want to get creative and use music or go on feel.

The programme will give you a basis to do this off, and the rest is very much up to you! I'd start off pretty conservatively - no point burning out. So maybe spend 3 to 4 weeks training only 3 times a week, and then start to play around with the training, alter the intensity.

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2011-02-20

Hi James

Reply to fitnessdoc