Question
Posted by: Mbali | 2011/01/19

Spinning

I have just joined the spining class,our instructor told us there is a level 4,5,6,7& 8 I am battling to see which one is which since there is just a knob not like on a treadmill whre you can clearly see the the resistance/effort.

I need to loose weight and I''m worried to spend the whole hour and not making enough effort which level can you advise I should use to loos weight?

Thanks.

Hi Mbali

I wouldn't worry too much about the numbers - rather go on your perception of effort. If the class is an hour long and you "fail" after say 45 minutes because you're just exhausted, then you're going too hard! If you finish not feeling tired and at least hard worked, then it's probably too easy. So my opinion is to forget about the dial and listen to your body. It's an hour, the instructor is setting a pace and telling you speed up or slow down, and you'll be experienced enough to know what is coming by now.

So pace yourself so that you're at say 5 out of 10 in the easy parts, 7 out of 10 in the harder bits, and when the instructor says to go "hard", you go to 9 out of 10. The knob is irrelevant...

Ross

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2011/01/21

Hi Mbali

Ross

Reply to fitnessdoc