Question
Posted by: Catherine | 2010/03/18

Spinning

I have been taking 3 spinning classes per week for over a year now. The bottom of my feet always feels like it is on fire and then I have to sit back down and slow down, even if I still feel like I could have gone on. What can I do to alleviate the burning?

Hi Catherine

It may be that your cleats/shoes or toe-straps are too tight - a simple explanation, but that would be one answer. It would put pressure on the nerves, and the burning you described is typical of a nerve pain.

So that would be my advice. Failing that, you might need to look at your foot position on the pedal, and move it forward more to the ball of the foot. That often helps, for the same reason. It may also explain why you alleviate the pain when you sit down.

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2010/03/27

Hi Catherine

Reply to fitnessdoc