Question
Posted by: Bronni | 2008/07/17

Spinning

I would like to know whether spinning is best for fat burning or only fitness?

Hi Bronni

They're one and the same thing. In fact, I always suggest that if people wish to lose weight and burn fat, they focus on getting fitter, because a fit person will be a better fat burner, and part of the process of getting fitter is going to involve burning fat.

So spinning is excellent, because a session will last 45 minutes and it's reasonably high intensity, which is great. If you did spinning four or five times a week, you'd certainly see changes, and if your diet was supporting your exercise, you'd lose weight for sure. One thing I would suggest is that you look at using spinning as part, rather than as the whole of your exercise routine. Doing spnning 5 times a week could soon become boring, and so my advice would be to combine spinning with something else, perhaps walking, jogging, once or twice a week.

1
Posted by: jason | 2008/07/18

it surely does work to burn a whole lot of fat.

Reply to jason