Question
Posted by: Mirriam | 2010/10/12

Spine pains

Last Friday I had Spine pains (severe) which lasted for about 4 hours and I took Nurofins and they stopped after an hour. Yesterday (Monday) and today I still have spine pains. About 2-3 years ago I had spine pains and when to see a Doctor and took some x-rays and I was told that one of my vertebrae had shifted and I was given pain killers and told the vertebrae will move back to its position. Should I be concerned, is it serious and should I go see my Doctor or should I get over the counter pain killers???? Please advise

Hallo Mirriam
Backache can be caused by muscle spasm or by problems with the spine itself. You need an examination, either by your doctor or a physiotherapist to determine the cause of the pain, and so that it can be treated correctly. Sometimes physiotherapy works better than medication.

3
Posted by: P | 2010/10/24

Hi. I think a chiropractor would be your best bet.

Reply to P
Posted by: Happy | 2010/10/15

I''ve been experiencing backaches, especially when I''m in bed. My physiotherapist suggested I put a pillow between my legs but it does not seem to subside. Today I did weights at gym and the pain seems to have worsened. About a week ago I was shampooing my mother''s dog and it took a few hours because the dog wouldn''t sit still. I had to get a voltaren shot because I could not walk upright afterwards. Within an hour the pain was gone. This seems to be recurring lately. The pain seems to be more than just muscle soreness. Not sure if this is over exertion or incorrect posture.

Reply to Happy
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/10/12

Hallo Mirriam