Question
Posted by: ElzetteA | 2012/10/22

Spinal Spondylosis

Hi there,

My husband has just come back from the GP with a diagnosis of Spinal Spondylosos and medicine to treat pain and sleeping pills for night time.

The GP said it was pointless doing the X-rays or the MRI''s because they''d come back confirming the same thing and the course of action would be identical.

We want to go for a second opinion, but not just to another GP. Should I be looking for an Orthopadic doctor? Do we just look one up or get referred to one by our family doctor (different doctor to the one making the diagnosis).

Thanks,

Elzette

Elzette

Ask your family doctor for a referral to an orthopaedic surgeon.