Question
Posted by: Michelle | 2010/04/30

spinal fusion post op excercise

What excercise do you recommend for weight loss especially tummy and thighs after spinal fusion

Hi Michelle

I'd start with something water based, if you can. Supervised training would be best, especially early on, there's no reason to risk it and worsen the problem.

So I'd look into that. Once you start, and you're back into it, then you can probably do most things, within reason. Cycling for example, might be a problem, but short rides might be doable. Same for running - there's no absolutely off-limit exercise types, but you do have to be cautious.

Also, Pilates would be really good for overall core strength, I'd look into that as a priority, but not right away. Right away, the priority is to get supervised training.

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2010/04/30

Hi Michelle

Reply to fitnessdoc