Question
Posted by: vanzon | 2008/06/04

spinal fusion aftercare

I had a spinal fusion 3weeks ago whereby 4 screws has been replaced in my lower back.Tho I hardly have pain, I still get sharp rightfoot pain/stings and of course the numbness in my back like tiny pins & needles. I had physiotherapy in hospital but that was it.At present im using a amino acid dietry/recovery speedup product for weightloss called UNS obtained at Dischem,my doctor has recommended.Im due for a followup in 4weeks only and oh I now smoke heavely
Now i would like to know what sort of exercise I can do to speed up recovery pain

Expert ImageChiroDoc

Exercises are good - but in time. The advice of your doctor and physiotherapist who are familiar with your condition is best.

1
Posted by: Marlien | 2008/10/21

I have had a spinal fusion (L4,5 and S1) 11 weeks ago. I can walk 8 km at a time but still can' t sit for very long. I have tried to return to work yesterday but couldn' t sit for more than 2 3 hours at a time. Is this common for this type of operations? I am very frustrated as I want to get on with my life but it seems that it will take more than the 3 months that I have been booked off from work.

Reply to Marlien