Posted by: Faghry | 2009-09-04

Spinal cord injury

Hi Doc My brother inlaw has a C4 spinal cord injury. He can just shrug his shoulders and move his head but has no further sensation or motion below the shoulder. he has been admitted to hospital on the 9th August. The injury has been caused by a gunshot. Please could you refer me to anyone who might be able to clear up some questions regarding the next steps from here. What is the posibility ofusing stem cell therapy in SA and where could i find more information around this subject.

Expert ImageShoulder Doc

Dear Faghry,

i am sorry to hear about your brother in law. I am a shouler joint specialist and i don not know of anybody who does the treatment you require. it falls under the speciality of neurosurgery and you should be in congact with such a doctor

Dr Joe de Beer