Question
Posted by: Taz | 2012-06-19

spina bifida

Hi there,

I was born with Spina bifida. I had an operation when I was 2 years old to remove the excess brain matter or whatever that was protruding from the back of my neck. I am now in my late 20''s and worried I could be suffering from something that has perhaps been undetected in the past. I suffer from extreme backache. It has gotten worse over the past few months. I am overweight and am working on it but I do feel it is something else. Lower backache can be so debilitating at times. I took anti inflammatories and pain killers for 10 days and was able to walk normally again but now it is slowly getting worse again. It may be totally unrelated but just had to ask.

Taz

I strongly suggest that you consult a orthopeadic surgeon for an examination and possible MRI scan, to exclude lower back pathology, like a herniated disc. There might be a small chance that your symptoms are due to the corrected Spina Bifida.

2
Posted by: Taz | 2012-06-20

Thank you very much. I will see my Dr again. I did ask my Dr before if it was related but they just shrug it off.

Reply to Taz
Posted by: Anon | 2012-06-19

Syringomyelia or tethered spinal cord